[BETA] Version 1.9.0-beta

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!

Pagine

[BETA] Version 1.9.0-beta

Version 1.9.0 is almost ready; it adds a long waited (and popular) feature: reverb and chorus settings.

These settings are not "live", they must be set through Configurator -> Options tab, so a VirtualMIDISynt restart (or a MIDI reset) is needed.
I suppose this is the best implementation because (usually) these settings are sent through SYSEX messages at the beginning of a song, not during play.

Reverb and chorus will change the effect return value of the corresponding XG effect (see here for details: http://www.studio4all.de/htmle/frameset094.html).
By default it's 40h (64); if you set them both to 20h, then the value of MIDI controllers #91 and #93 values are then interpreted as values within that new range.

Reverb --> REVERB RETURN (Send to master) --> F0,43,10,4C,02,01,0C,XX,F7
Chorus --> CHORUS RETURN (Send to master) --> F0,43,10,4C,02,01,2C,XX,F7

The beta is here for you (musicians) to let me know if my implementation suits your needs or is there any improvement to do.

Feel free to post your suggestions here...

Re: [BETA] Version 1.9.0-beta

Claudio ottimo lavoro, la cosa che dovresti cercare di fare è dividere gli effetti sulla batteria rendendoli indipendenti dal resto del banco poichè la batteria ne risente in maniera incredibile ed anche un valore di 40 è troppo per essa ma potrebbe non bastare per gli altri preset.

Translation by Coolsoft: Nice done, Claudio. What you should do now is split effects settings between drums channel and the others;  40 could be too high for the drums and too low for the others.

La cosa non è tecnicamente possibile, dato che BASS non permette di distinguere gli effetti sulle singole traccie ma solo sull'intero stream.
Anche MIDI (tramite i controller #91 e #93) permette di impostare il riverbero e il chorus non sulla singola traccia ma sul totale.

English:
This is not possible, because the underlying BASS libs does not allow to control reverb/chorus for a single track.
Also MIDI (through controllers #91 and #93) can set their values but only for the whole MIDI stream.

Good Job Claudio! :)

I will try this on my Live Gigs and will get back at you with my comments. So far it sound nice..

I have only one question, will it replace the Reverb & Chorus values i placed at the beginning of my midi files?

Willie wrote:
I have only one question, will it replace the Reverb & Chorus values i placed at the beginning of my midi files?

It shouldn't because these default values will be applied only just after a MIDI Reset message.
Maybe beta2 will have an option to ignore Reverb/Chorus settings coming from MIDI stream...

coolsoft wrote:

It shouldn't because these default values will be applied only just after a MIDI Reset message.
Maybe beta2 will have an option to ignore Reverb/Chorus settings coming from MIDI stream...

Then that would be great for Live Performances.. having midi files with the same values of Reverb & Chorus would mimic Live Stages. Good Luck & More Power!

[BETA] Version 1.9.0-beta2 released

Just released 1.9.0-beta2.

It adds a new option to override Reverb & Chorus SYSEX messages received through MIDI channel (maybe embedded into the MIDI file you're playing) and force our custom values.

It also fixes a small memory leak into MIDI messages queue.

Please test it and report bugs & suggestions here.

Anonymous user
Re: [BETA] Version 1.9.0-beta2 released
coolsoft wrote:

Just released 1.9.0-beta2.

It adds a new option to override Reverb & Chorus SYSEX messages received through MIDI channel (maybe embedded into the MIDI file you're playing) and force our custom values.

It also fixes a small memory leak into MIDI messages queue.

Please test it and report bugs & suggestions here.

Ok will try this in my gig tommorow.. ;)

Hello,

I am using Noteworthy Composer (NWC) with VMS for composition. I have used NWC for many years and have become very familiar with it and would prefer not to have tp change to another software for my work. NWC offers a Multipoint Controller (MPC) command which can be inserted anywhere in a stave to start a controlled volume change or tempo change of pitch bend or chorus or reverb or .. etc.

The MPC only supports a predefined list of controllers (1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 91, 92, 93, 94, and 95). Contoller 91 is reverb. Is there a way to get reverb controller 91 (and the other controllers) recognized and implemented by VMS and underlying Bassmidi?

I have tried NWC MPC command for "Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel, Expression, Celeste Detune" and they work / are supported.

I have tried NWC MPC command for "Pan, Breath Control, Foot Control, Portamento, Balance, Effects Controller 1, Effects Controller 2, Reverb Depth, Tremelo, Chorus Depth and Phaser Depth" and they are NOT supported.

Any insight or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Guitarist - Composer - Songwriter

Phone: 519-500-4002

Website - www.johnwaylett.com   

YouTube - www.youtube.com/channel/JohnBWaylett

Songwriters Association of Canada: www.songwriters.ca/JohnBWaylett

John Waylett

Bassmidi/VMS has support for Reverb (CC# 91) and Chorus (CC# 93) for a very long time. There were some versions of VMS where Reverb & Chorus values were not initialized properly, so you should download the latest version. But controllers like Pan (CC# 10) never had any problems so if Pan does not work on your side that can imply that there is a problem with your client software (in your case NWC).

These are the Midi commands/controllers supported by Bassmidi (and thus VMS):

http://www.un4seen.com/doc/#bassmidi/BASS_MIDI_StreamEvent.html

After the Bassmidi specific parameter you can find the Midi controller number related to the parameter. E.g.:

MIDI_EVENT_REVERB Set the reverb send level (MIDI controller 91)
MIDI_EVENT_CHORUS Set the chorus send level (MIDI controller 93)

By the way I do not think this is the best place for your questions. This thread is the release announcement thread of a very old version of VMS. As you can see the last post before yours is from 2014...

Pagine