Delay in triggering soundfonts

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Delay in triggering soundfonts

Hello all,

I am using Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 as a sequencing software....I also use an external USB midi interface to drive my harmonizer and other midi instruments on my external sound modules...My problem is that when I go to trigger these soundfonts from an external controller keyboard,I get a slight delay between when I touch the key and when I get the sound of the corresponding soundfont assigned to the track..I move to another track,and it's a delay with THAT soundfont instrument assigned to THAT track...It's very irrititating,as I want to start recording on a track,trigger these soundfont sounds into the sequence...Now I know I can correct this by turning the midi echo mode from auto to none,under "projects" then "midi input"....but then I'll get no triggering of the soundfont instruments sounds at all! I can't record a new track using these soundfonts using an external keyboard because that short one second delay is driving me crazy...

Is this inherent and standard with trying to use an external keyboard to drive these sounds,because it takes a short second to trigger the samples for each of these instruments? Is there any way around this so I can hit record and play these instruments from a keyboard without this delay? I have NO delay when it comes to triggering other MIDI instruments through a separate sound module using the same exact USB midi interface as the driver.

I appreciate any and all help on this....You guys ROCK!

Manik Groove

Re: Delay in triggering soundfonts

This is a common issue of bassmidi.