Volume reduction

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Volume reduction

For bagpipe music writer gold, the volume is stable for 2 bars then reduces in sound by half thereafter. Can you explain this and a possible fix.

Re: Volume reduction

I don't know that software and, as far as I can see, there's no demo/trial version available so... it's hard for me to guess what's wrong.

1. does the issue happen selecting the bundled "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth"?
  2. is it possible to export music to a MIDI file? If yes, does the played MIDI show the same issue?

The issue of volume reduction, which only occurs in Bagpipe Music Writer Gold, developed after I shortly installed the "Coolsoft VirtualMIDISynth" software; although more significent sound loss developed in recent updates. I run this software on 2 laptops and a desktop with each having the exact same problem, with the BMW Gold programme only. All other audio is fine, no issue .. it just seems to be related to BMW Gold.

There is some minor volume reduction using "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth," in using BMW Gold only.

Yes, in exporting a MIDI file from BMW Gold the same issue occurs.

This was never a problem before, only when I installed the "Coolsoft VirtualMIDISynth" software. And I only installed it because it produced "real bagpipe sound." The programme works well in that regard .. I just don't understand the volume reduction? And that's my question.

Garynich61 wrote:
Yes, in exporting a MIDI file from BMW Gold the same issue occurs.

Could you please attach a sample exported MIDI file?
This is just to try to reproduce the issue on my side...

If you can't post it here (copyrighted, private, ...), feel free to send it through the Contact form and I'll keep it private.

attached MIDI file as .zip.

Attachments (Only registered users)
Duncan Johnstone's Strathspey.zip

Last Coolsoft update reduced the sound to zero, in Bagpipe Music Writer Gold. I have since removed Coolsoft with volume returning back to normal, no further issues. I won’t be reinstalling. 

I'm so sorry for it, but I was not able to reproduce the bug, even with the sample you've posted...

And since there's no demo/trial version of that software available, I'm out of ideas 😔