polyphone soundfont

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
polyphone soundfont

I made a multi instrument (drums) soundfont in polyphone.

It works fine in Sforzando but it does not work in VMS.

I was importing it from the sforzando folder.
I then tried exporting it from Polyphone and checked boxes for preset number as prefix and general midi classification thinking that my work, however that version does not work either.

What am I missing?
thank you in advance for the help.

panworks

Re: polyphone soundfont

I'm not an expert in soundfont edit/create, and I've never used know the softwares you mentioned 🙄.

Anyway, have you tried your SF with another BASS based player, like XMPlay (+BASSMIDI plugin) or Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player?

Sforzando is a vsti for using soundfonts in my  DAW.   Polyphone is an app for making soundfonts (sf2)   I have had no trouble downloading soundfonts and adding them to VMS but I cannot seem to  get the one I made  to  work in VMS . I will try another midi player. 

panworks

It would be useful if you could upload your SF2 somewhere so we could take a look at it.

here is link to the soudfont                       https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZecMtEDnr_ma3vgAUAPUtS1j4pGmkXH9/view?u...

panworks

Hi,

I have just tested your soundfont in both of my Soundfont Midi Player and Coolsoft VMS (both use the Bassmidi library for soundfonts) and it worked perfectly.
So it would be helpful if you could give a more detailed description about what you mean by "it does not work".

Some things that you should consider:
1. You claimed you made a "multi instrument" soundfont. This is not true in the sense that your soundfont only contains 1 preset, namely "Mango Groove kit". So in SF2 terms it is only 1 "instrument", although it is true that similarly to other drum kits different notes represents different drum sounds in your kit.

2. You have made your "Mango Groove kit" preset to be available at Bank 0 Program 0. This has the consequence of your loaded preset will be available at normal melodic channels (channels 1-9, 11-16) at the same place where Program 0/Acoustic Piano should be in case of normal GM/GS compatible SF2 soundfonts. 
If you want your drum preset to be available at Drum channel instead (channel 10) you should give your preset the bank value of 128.
In SF2 specification drums should have the bank number of 128.

Bye.

Thank you that did the trick!

panworks