VirtualMIDISynth 2.x - Release Candidate 2 released

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!

Pagine

Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.x - Release Candidate 2 released

I just tested WinJammer Professional (The demo, sadly) with both VirtualMIDISynth and my own MIDI driver, and they both work fine.

Also, no, WJP doesn't leave part of its resource in memory, and if it "theoretically" does, Windows would just trash them when more memory is needed by other programs.

coolsoft wrote:
This is really strange, because both are userland programs so killing them out with task manager should free up every used resource and allow you to restart from scratch.

I will point out that I have had strange happenings in the past with older MIDI software, even some I have made myself.  For example, should such an application crash while holding open a MIDI port, the process UI would sometimes appear to close and disappear yet the process itself would hang on for 5-10 minutes, not showing any CPU or IO usage but still holding the MIDI port(s).  It would be unable to be killed by the operating system either.  Telling Task Manager to close it would have no effect.   It would finally complete its termination after a seemingly-random amount of time later.  It was always annoying when it would happen because there was no way around the strange delay.  Even shutting down the operating system did not help.

Joseph

[JJH/Jovet]

KaleidonKep99 wrote:

I just tested WinJammer Professional (The demo, sadly) with both VirtualMIDISynth and my own MIDI driver, and they both work fine.

Also, no, WJP doesn't leave part of its resource in memory, and if it "theoretically" does, Windows would just trash them when more memory is needed by other programs.

Demo?

There is no demo and the only demos there ever were are VERY old versions.

The correct version is 5.06 32 bit.

What ancient version are you testing?

bdg2 wrote:
KaleidonKep99 wrote:

Demo?

I'm testing this one:

KaleidonKep99 wrote:
bdg2 wrote:
KaleidonKep99 wrote:

Demo?

I'm testing this one:

[snipped]

That's it.

But I don't understand where the demo version came from. It always annoyed me that there seemed to be no demo version I could give to people.

Are you running on 64 bit Windows 7 like me?

bdg2 wrote:
KaleidonKep99 wrote:
bdg2 wrote:
KaleidonKep99 wrote:

Demo?

I'm testing this one:

[snipped]

That's it.

[snipped]

But I don't understand where the demo version came from. It always annoyed me that there seemed to be no demo version I could give to people.

Are you running on 64 bit Windows 7 like me?

Running Windows 10 Pro x64, but it works just fine on my Windows 7 Professional x64 Virtual Machine too.

KaleidonKep99 wrote:

Running Windows 10 Pro x64, but it works just fine on my Windows 7 Professional x64 Virtual Machine too.

You can configure WinJammer to output directly to two VirtualMIDISynths with no weirdness? 

bdg2 wrote:
KaleidonKep99 wrote:

You can configure WinJammer to output directly to two VirtualMIDISynths with no weirdness? 

Yeah, no issues at all, except for the constant 100% Core0 usage when playing a MIDI.

KaleidonKep99 wrote:
bdg2 wrote:
KaleidonKep99 wrote:

Yeah, no issues at all, except for the constant 100% Core0 usage when playing a MIDI.

Is this demo version somewhere where I can download it to compare?

Maybe it's more recent that what I have, or maybe I just need to reinstall.

bdg2 wrote:

Is this demo version somewhere where I can download it to compare?

Maybe it's more recent that what I have, or maybe I just need to reinstall.

Here http://winjammer-professional.software.informer.com/

Pagine