Explorer hangs

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Explorer hangs

Hi, with certain pdf made by the application "Text Sharp" (not installed in my pc), Explorer hangs when you try to change name or only to see properties or when you open a folder with some pdf made by that application, with 100% cpu used. It's always necessery to kill explorer.  

I have tried to uninstall the pdf property and install new beta version but this not solved the problem

Windows 7 pro x64

Any idea?

Thanks for your support

Gabriele

Re: Explorer hangs

Please post one or more sample PDF files here and I'll have a look.

NOTE: the smaller the better ;)

Anonymous user

I have Windows Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.545) 64-bit. After installing, initially able to see PDF files. Reopening File Explorer results it Not Responding. Had to uninstall to get it to work again.

If explorer hangs on a specific PDF folder, then there could be one or more PDF files that hangs extenison parser.
You could try to find it using the command line version of the PDF parser:

• open a command prompt (Win+R and type cmd)
  • run the command line version of the parser: pdfpropertyextension.exe c:\your\pdf\folder\name\*.pdf
  • it will output the metadata of all the PDF files contained into that folder

If the parser hangs, look at the PDF file that gives the issue, copy it to a new folder then open File Explorer on that folder to confirm it hangs too.
If yes, please ZIP that PDF file and post it here (or send it privately to me with the contact form).
NOTE: the smaller the better ;)