Not sure if this is a bug

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Not sure if this is a bug

Hello

Windows 7 Pro

I /had/ Adobe Acrobat 11/XI installed, and it did not come with a PDF iFilter. I was happily using your iFilter (v1.13x) to enumerate the PDF properties in Explorer, and allow searching the contents. I upgraded to Adobe Acrobat DC 2018x, and it seems to have come with an Adobe PDF filter, which can also be downloaded separately (search the internet for PDFFilter64Setup.)

I wasn't seeing some properties enumerated when looking at files in Explorer. I decided to try using your iFilter (1.13.1), because it was more current than the version that came with Adobe. I uninstalled Adobe, restarted, installed yours, restarted, and it seems to be installed, but in SearchFilterViews.exe (1.00 by NIRSOFT), I don't see it there.

How do I trouble-shoot this?

Thanks!

I am not the admin of the forum. 'Admin' was something the forum software suggested when I logged in with my Google account.

Re: Not sure if this is a bug

PDFPropertyExtension is not an iFilter but a Property Provider, that's why it does not appear in installed iFilters.

It does not allow to search into PDF content nor into its metadata.
It only provides some Windows Explorer properties that you can show them in "Details" view or "File Properties" dialog.

Re: Not sure if this is a bug

Thank you!

I am not the admin of the forum. 'Admin' was something the forum software suggested when I logged in with my Google account.