MidiMapper controlling USB Output

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
MidiMapper controlling USB Output

I installed MidiMapper for test aims as I want to export Midi messages by the USB sockets. Background: I possess a special program for importing Midi note-on and note-off messages. This program adds automatically Midi tuning messages and sends them back to external digital musical instruments.

With WIN XP this worked perfectly. With Win 7 and later this was no more possible. With my actual WIN 10 only the MIDI import is supported.

I tried with the actual MidiMapper to set the Midi export to USB output, but I didn't succeed.

Can anyone help me?

Werner Mohrlok

Re: MidiMapper controlling USB Output

MIDIMapper does not change the MIDI received stream, it only "drives" it untouched to the selected MIDIOut device.
It configures itself as MIDI device #0, like the well-known MS MIDIMapper in the XP-era.
When a MIDI player does not select a specific device (which must be the default behavior starting from Win7), its MIDI stream is sent to the first configured device (device #0).
(more details here).

That said, I suppose your program cannot be configured to use a specific device (like your USB device) so it should play MIDI data over to device #0... and so to MIDIMapper.
What if in CoolSoft MIDIMapper you select a different device, like Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth?
Can you hear something?