Problem with the game Road Rash

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Problem with the game Road Rash

Hey, I have a problem with the 1996 game Road Rash. The game uses CD-Audio for the menus and MIDI-music during races, and whenever I start a race, I get a "MIDI-Error" message. The MIDIs play fine from the selected device, so you might think that everything is correct, however after finishing (or aborting) the race, the game is unable to stop playing the MIDI-Music, so the music plays indefinetly, even in the menus. The normal behaviour should be, that it stops immediately when you hit "ESC" during the race. It is also not related to the selected MIDI-Device (I also tried the "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth", and it had the same issue). If I uninstall CoolSoft MIDIMapper however and use the Windows default one, everything works okay (beside being stuck with the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth). Unfortunately I cannot give you any further details as the game doesn't have any log files that I can see.

Do you think there's anything you can do about that error on the programs side? If you need any further information, just let me know.

Thanks