VirtualMIDISynth 2.x - Release Candidate 2 released

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!

Pagine

VirtualMIDISynth 2.x - Beta6 released

Beta6 released:

v.2.0.0-beta6 - 2016-02-14

• NEW: New option to suppress "Device already in use" warning message.
  • NEW: Redesigned layout of Options configuration tab, now grouped by category.
  • FIX: Fixed mouse wheel support in configurator tabs.
Re: VirtualMIDISynth 2.x - Beta6 released

Is VirtualMIDISynth 2.x compatible with DirectSound or WASAPI in Windows 10??

Supressing the dialog works fine in beta6. This is obviously the right way to go. :-)

But I still have a little quibble: When I switch my keyboard on with no VMS installed, Chrome updates the available devices almost immediately (in less than a second), but when I install VMS beta6 I have to wait ca 15 seconds for that to happen. Its as if VMS is acting in exactly the same way as before, but just not displaying the dialog.

Would it be possible for the 'Suppress "Device is already in use" message' option to avoid the waiting as well? That would be the icing on the cake! :-)

http://james-ingram-act-two.de/

ady00yo wrote:
Is VirtualMIDISynth 2.x compatible with DirectSound or WASAPI in Windows 10??

VMS uses DirectSound devices by default. A WASAPI version of VMS is on its way, but I've delayed it a bit; I'd like to release the first official 2.0 version before.

notator wrote:
When I switch my keyboard on with no VMS installed, Chrome updates the available devices almost immediately (in less than a second), but when I install VMS beta6 I have to wait ca 15 seconds for that to happen.

Ooops, I forgot to remove the delay I've added in the first place when trying to fix the Chrome bug.
Anyway that delay is limited to 2000ms, in 5ms steps... Maybe Chrome is repeatedly trying to reopen the same device, I suppose.
Will remove it now; if the user decides to suppress notification there's no need to wait for the device to become ready.

I am looking forward to test the WASAPI version. For karaoke or playing MIDI file is ok but for live playing MIDI keyboard is unacceptable. The latency of Directsound is too high. Microsoft is fading out the Directsound. Starting Windows Vista, Microsoft replaced directsound with WASAPI. By the way, what language do you use to interface with BASS library? C, C++ or C Sharp? Thank you very much for your work.

coolsoft wrote:

VMS uses DirectSound devices by default. A WASAPI version of VMS is on its way, but I've delayed it a bit; I'd like to release the first official 2.0 version before.

Are you going to use BASSWASAPI for that?
I noticed that most video recording software (Like Bandicam or Fraps) stops recording the video, when you open a BASSWASAPI stream.

ptran3014 wrote:
I am looking forward to test the WASAPI version.

As I just answered here, it will be available after the first official release of VMS 2.0.

ptran3014 wrote:
what language do you use to interface with BASS library? C, C++ or C Sharp?

There's no way to build a system driver (even an user mode one) with a managed language. VMS is C/C++.

KaleidonKep99 wrote:
Are you going to use BASSWASAPI for that?

Since VMS is BASS based, that's the way to go.
BASSWASAPI allow me to plug the WASAPI layer with less work as possible.

coolsoft wrote:

Since VMS is BASS based, that's the way to go.
BASSWASAPI allow me to plug the WASAPI layer with less work as possible.

Yes, but:

KaleidonKep99 wrote:

I noticed that most video recording software (Like Bandicam or Fraps) stops recording the video, when you open a BASSWASAPI stream.

That will be a problem for the Black MIDI Team, since we'll use your synth on our videos.

That could be an issue on BASSWASAPI or related to how the WASAPI stream is opened.

I'm going to add WASAPI in addition to DirectSound, not replacing it.
Users will still be able to select output sound device both in the new WASAPI mode and in the old (actual) DirectSound mode.

Once WASAPI will be available in VMS we could see if that bug is still present and, if yes, try to point it out.

VirtualMIDISynth 2.x - Beta 4 + 6 - Broken?

Hello. My first post here, yay.

I ran into a problem. (A bug perhaps?)

I updated my windows instalation (Windows 10), but, the 2.x driver has stopped working since then.

I was using an older Beta 4, which, had always worked. But ever since I ran windows update, and updated, I get the following error: See "Attachment 1.png". After I press OK, I get another pop-up: See "Attachment 2.png". After that, the driver quits and does not load anymore. (FL Studio 12 gives an error that I need to make sure that it is running, and so does Piano From Above)

I thought it had corrupted, somehow, so I removed the driver completely and installed Beta 6 (The newest one). Installation went well, however, the error remains. So, I checked out another driver to see if this was the issue (Keppy's Driver), however, it loads just fine with the exact same soundfont set-up. I'm not sure what is causing this, but it's really annoying. Any way to fix this?

Thanks for this amazing driver by the way, it's really fast and handles most stuff quite good!

~Frozen Snow

Attachments (Only registered users)
Errors.zip

Pagine