AutoZIP is a compression utility witch allows to compress a single file in a ZIP archive.
After compression, AutoZIP sets creation, last access and last changed date as the same values of the source file.
It comes in two flavours: Graphical (GUI) for one-shot file compression and CommandLine (CLI) for use in automated scripts/batch.
AutoZIP could be used to compress highly compressible and daily files, like SQLServer backups or Apache/IIS logs.
Running AutoZIP on these files:
it creates these ZIP archives:
A SQLServer .BAK file is frequently compressed to 50% of original size, while Apache/IIS logs compression could reach 80%.
AutoZIP archives pros:
- each archive contains a single file; this keeps simple to find a file in case of resume
- archive has the same creation date of contained file, allowing to order them by date;
AutoZIP could also:
- be used in batch files/scripts (CLI version only)
- compress a series of files using wildchars (eg. *.BAK)
- automatically delete source files after compression;
My thanks to icsharpcode.net guys for their great #ziplib library.
|Release date||2010-Jun-17||Size||384,037 bytes|
Thanks for your comprehension and enjoy CoolSoft.
Don't you like advertising? Neither do I...
...but CoolSoft is free, supported only by donations and a few (and non intrusive) banners.
Please add CoolSoft to your whitelist (click here to know how).
Thanks for your support.
- .NET Framework
- Translate software
Click here if you want to support CoolSoft: