Don't you like advertising? Neither do I...
...but CoolSoft is free, supported only by donations and a few (and non intrusive) banners.
Please add CoolSoft to your whitelist (click here to know how).
Thanks for your support.
SolutionBackup VisualStudio Addin
Thanks for your comprehension and enjoy CoolSoft.
SolutionBackup is a VisualStudio® 2005/2008/2010/2012/2013 addin that creates a ZIP backup of your current solution or project.
The backup will contain only projects source files, excluding .DLL, .EXE, .OBJ, etc.
Creating a backup of current solution or project is easy, and it's done directly inside VisualStudio:
- right-click on the solution and select "Backup solution..."
- right-click on a project select "Backup project..."
SolutionBackup main dialog appears, showing the files that will be added to ZIP backup.
Just change destination folder and ZIP filename (if needed) and press Backup to start.
Compared to the creation of a standard ZIP of the solution folder, SolutionBackup has these pros:
- SolutionBackup includes only source and embedded files of each project, required for its compilation;
compiler generated files are excluded (EXE, DLL, OBJ, PDB, ILK, ...)
- backup is created directly inside VisualStudio, no need to close it or stop your work
- no need of external compression tools, like WinZip or WinRar
With SolutionBackup it's easy to create a backup of your solution on a regular basis or before starting a deep change, making it possible to undo all of the changes in one easy step.
My thanks to icsharpcode.net guys for their great #ziplib library
ver. 3.3.0 (2013-12-03)
- Added support for VisualStudio 2013 (thanks to Stan for testing it)
- Fixed 3.2.0 regression (debug message boxes appearing during backup)
- Improved macro expansion speed
ver. 3.2.0 (2013-11-19) NOTE: removed due to a bug, a fix will be released soon
- Added support for parametric macro expansion
- New parametric macro $DATETIME[format] that returns n user formatted datetime value.
"format" parameter could be any format string accepted by DateTime.ToString() method.
- New parametric macro $ENVIRONMENT[variableName] that returns the value of an environment variable.
Parameter "variableName" is the name of the variable to get.
- Added support for BIDS (Business Intelligence Development Studio) SQLServer projects.
ver. 3.1.0 (2013-10-21)
- Joined the two path+filename fields (used to compose output archive filename) into a single one, with support for macro expansion.
Output filename can now be "$(USERPROFILE)\backups" or "$(SolutionDir)\backups\".
- Fixed help context menu appearing when clicking "..." button
- Fixed registry location where configuration is stored
- Fixed adding window location when switching from dual-screen to single screen setup
ver. 3.0.1 (2013-10-07)
- Fixed tab order of main addin dialog
- Fixed a typo into completed messagebox
ver. 3.0.0 (2013-10-04)
- Addin now supports VisualStudio 2005/2008/2010/2012
VisualStudio.NET (2003) is no longer supported
- Addin can now backup single projects too
(by default VisualStudio hides solution if it contains only a single project).
- Fixed an exception raised when backing up C++ projects (thanks to Frederick Wasti for reporting)
- Fixed wrong date of files contained into ZIP archive (thanks to Frederick Wasti for reporting)
- List of files included into ZIP archive is now sorted alphabetically
- Changed font of files list to Courier
- Changed setup environment from MSI to NSIS
ver. 2.0.0 (2008-06-17)
- First .NET 2.0 version, targeting both VisualStudio 2005 and VisualStudio 2008
ver. 1.0.0 (2005-10-10)
- After some positive feedbacks from my bug-testers, I decided to release first official 1.0 version.
ver. 0.9.4 (2005-08-01)
- SolutionBackup now manages correctly projects which are outside solution-file folder. Projects on different drives cannot be backed up due to a ZIP file limit (can't store drive info within ZIP archive).
- Runtime error reports "AutoZIP" as being the program which generates the error, now changed to "SolutionBackup" (damned Cut&Paste...).
ver. 0.9.3 (2005-07-09)
- Each file existance is checked before adding it to file-list.
- Added error handling when preparing EMail message.
ver. 0.9.2.1 (2005-07-08)
- - file <projName>.<projExt>.user does not exist in VC++ projects, causing a runtime error during backup.
(thanks to Glenn Symons for this bug report)
ver. 0.9.2 (2005-07-08)
- Setup created with InnoSetup (--> 0.9.1) experienced some problems on certain conditions, giving COM errors and faulty COM registration.
Setup is now created with WindowsInstaller. (thanks to Glenn Symons for this bug report)
|Description||Last version supporting VisualStudio.NET 2003|
- .NET Framework
- Translate software
Click here if you want to support CoolSoft: