Windows 10

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!

Pagine

Re: Windows 10
Urganite wrote:
if you don't select MPU-401/General MIDI in the configuration options of the software you're trying to run, DosBox will instead route MIDI instructions to whichever sound card synth it's emulating

That's interesting; if you both can confirm it, I'll add a FAQ to VirtualMIDISynth explaining this.

I have windows 10... I have downloaded CoolSoft Virtual MIDI Synth and the FluidR soundfont.
But when I open up CoolSoft there are no soundfonts to choose.
How do I get the sounfonts listed in CoolSoft?

Thanks for your help, Ed Burk.

To add a soundfont to VirtualMIDISynth, open the configurator (both through the systray icon or the start menu icon) then open the Soundfonts tab.
You'll find a green "+" button, press it; select the desired *.sf2 file (it can be placed anywhere on your local drive) and confirm your selection.

The list will now show your new soundfont and you're ready to go (just restart any open MIDI application if needed).

I have tried that approach many times but when I click on the plus sign no file is seen although I have downloaded the file and it sits on my desktop.  What  and where should the soundfont be located so it shows up when clicking on the plus sign? Thanks, Ed Burk

As a follow up on my previous post. I have loaded in the "Soundfonts" tab two Soundfont chains. They are listed as  C:\Users\Edwin\Desktop\Timbres Of Heaven GM_GS_XG_SFX V 3.2 Final.sf2  and  C:\Users\Edwin\Desktop\FluidR3_GM .sf2-Copy.sfArk. Both boxes are checked. When I try to use CoolSoft in Notation Composer  the test run is silent as well as the downloaded sheet music. Any suggestions? thank you, Ed Burk

Problem solved... :).... had to download VirtualMIDISynth a few times until it downloaded without an error.  Sound files loaded OK . Thanks for the assistance..Notation Composer is working well now....Thanks again....Ed Burk

bogie152 wrote:
had to download VirtualMIDISynth a few times until it downloaded without an error

Glad you sorted it out ;)

I installed VirtualMIDISynth (made it default output) and downloaded FluidR3_GM, however, I now get messages drv.error.sf_load, and when I try to configure MIDI ON TablEdit i get the message no soundfont loaded/enabled.

I would really appreciate advise and please understand that this is the first time I've ever tried to do anything like this and don't understand any of itl  So, kindly word advice such that a total novice would understand.

Thanks for any guidance as to how to get the program running.

David

Usually this happens if the SF2 file is corrupted or cannot be accesed.
Try to move it to another folder (i.e. the Desktop): remove it from VMS configuration, move the SF2 file on the desktop then add it to VMS again.

Otherwise try to reload the SF2 file again...

I think that the problem could be that the soundfont has not been uncompressed. That he is trying to use the font in format sfark. Use this software to uncompress the font to sf2 http://www.synthfont.com/sfArk.zip
One of the soundfonts that the user boogie152 tried to use a couple of posts above didn't work because he hadn't uncompressed it.

Pagine