Play my E-Piano in realtime with new Soundfonts in my notebook

Play my E-Piano in realtime with new Soundfonts in my notebook

Hello:)
I wish play my E-Piano -RolandPiano 700- with a better sound. Therefore I have install VirtualMIDISynth and the soundfonts -FarfisaGrandPiano_S1.sf2. The Notebook with Windows10 or Windows 7 is linked with a MIDI/USB adapter (UM-1ex).
But no any sound from the PC-speaker.
Where are a tutorial to do this or what must I do.

Many thanks !!!!
(and sorry for my bad english :) )

Anonymous user
Re: Play my E-Piano in realtime with new Soundfonts in my notebook

What software are you using to capture midi-in (ie keyboard) signals and playing?  VMS is a software synth for midi-out not a full user apllication.  VMS needs a "player" and such, to play the midi files.  So again  what software are you using (ie composing apps that captures midi-in and plays the note)?  VMS is a more or less just a driver, just as your midi/usb device came with driver.   Anyway that's my thought.

You need to drive your MIDI-In (physical keyboard connected to the USB adapter) to the MIDI-Out (VirtualMIDISynth).
VirtualMIDISynth is not able to do this on its own, because it's only an output device.

To do this you should use a software like a notator where you can configure your keyboard as input and drive its output to VMS.

Another good option is to use the best MIDI Swiss-knife tool: MIDI-OX.
With it you can read from a MIDI-In, patch/change the MIDI stream (if needed) then drive it to a MIDI-Out.
There's a lot of documentation and Youtube videos available about MIDI-OX, just search it on Google.

Good morning :)
I´m very happy to read this answers.
So I can now search on google about MIDI-OX.

I will you tell later my result

Many thanks and a good Day

Diete

Mike wrote:

What software are you using to capture midi-in (ie keyboard) signals and playing?  VMS is a software synth for midi-out not a full user apllication.  VMS needs a "player" and such, to play the midi files.  So again  what software are you using (ie composing apps that captures midi-in and plays the note)?  VMS is a more or less just a driver, just as your midi/usb device came with driver.   Anyway that's my thought.

Also many thank´s for your information :)