Adjust reverb parameters (Midi Event 91) ?

Please let our ADS show!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).
Please:

• disable your AdBlocker by adding CoolSoft website to whitelist
  • give the proper cookie consent
  • enable JavaScript for this website

This seconds wait is to let you update your browser configuration...

Ok, I've done the required changes... now show me your content!
!!! Please enable JavaScript !!!
Adjust reverb parameters (Midi Event 91) ?

Is it possible with VirtualMIDISynth to adjust the Reverb, which is set by Midi Event 91 (ReverbSendLevel) in Midis? So e.g. to change Wet and Dry as well as room size?

I'm working with midis from an old video game where event 91 is used as W/D level and the actual reverb of the game is set very wet (so that parameter 127 of the event is extremely wet and 1 is completely dry). And this reverb is what I'm trying to recreate.

This example shows a recording of the game with a midi in action, where the first note has no reverb event, the second has one with a value of 70, then 90, 100, and 127: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/502388312850300928/1092056255528435742/Reverb.mp3

Re: Adjust reverb parameters (Midi Event 91) ?

VMS should not change anything in the received MIDI stream, except for the volume.

This is because, being it a (virtual) device, it's not supposed to change what's received; it should only play it.

VMS actually has some kind of Reverb/Chrorus control, but it's only about their "default" startup level.
Adding it was, on second thought, the worst decision I took 🙄, since it only brought a lot of headaches.

I suggest you to extract MIDIs from the game, then play them with a player that allows realtime control over those params.
This is the best and more powerful setup you could get.