Synthesia bug

It seems you're using an AdBlocker or JavaScript is disabled!

This sites offers only FREE software and it's supported by a few advertisement boxes (no intrusive popups).

This 10 seconds wait is to let you update your AdBlocker whitelist...

Got it, show me the content...
Please enable JavaScript!
Synthesia bug

Hello,

I want to report a bug I have experienced since I use VirtualMidiSynth.

When I use VMS to listen to Midis in the program Synthesia (http://synthesiagame.com), there often is a bug in which a music note is suddenly sounded infinitely although it should stop.
The sound of the note just stops when I use the Midi Panic key. The more songs I listen to in one session, the more often will this bug occur.

It primarily affects the strings and brass channels, but also other instruments which are able to hold a note for a long time.
It doesn't appear on piano channels for example. Furthermore, it appears more often in Midis which are longer than about 7 minutes.

I discovered that the bug occurs less often when I disable Real-Time process in the settings of VMS. But it only make it slightly less often, it still happens many times.

The developer of Synthesia doesn't why this is, so I wrote in this forum now. Maybe you have an idea. I attached a Midi with which I often encountered the bug.
It's Britten's "Young People's Guide to the Orchestra".

Thank you for your help!

Attachments (Only registered users)
The Young People's Guide to the Orchestra.zip
Re: Synthesia bug

I played your file a lot of times, but I wasn't able to reproduce the issue you reported...

Have you ever tried the alpha version of VirtualMIDISynth 2.x?
Please read that thread carefully before trying it.